Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dawn of Departure

I awoke early this morning and got down to business mounting the panniers and going through some packing lists to ensure that I didn't forget anything. The tools that I have packed are accounting for the greatest amount of weight. The bike is sagging under the mass of sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, various sizes of bolts, nuts, pliers, cutters, zip ties, wire cutters, wire, electrical connectors, fuses, ETC.

Julie arrived from Fredericton this afternoon after visiting with her family and friends. I could tell that she was excited in the way that she was being needy and demanding. Her anxiousness did not go unnoticed, however, I maintained my composure and stayed focused on the task at hand getting the bike ready and giving her little jobs to help with, like putting reflective stickers from DOT on the bike.

After looking after the goods on the bike it was on to the soft goods. I managed to stuff 3 pairs of underwear, 4 pairs of socks, 4 t-shirts and 2 pair of pants and some toiletry supplies into a dry bag and julie packed the same..so she says.. The bike will be heavily loaded to say the least but I'm certain that I'll be smooth sailing.

We're literally setting out in a race against the weather and we have a small unseasonably warm window that we're going to take advantage of and gun-it for Louisiana over the next 4 days.
I printed the maps off google maps and photocopied a pile of documents including, Passport, Immunizations, Birth certificate, Drivers license, ETC for Mexico and other Central American countries.

It hasn't dawned on me that we're leaving tomorrow morning...and I guess it won't until I begin to see changes in my environment like tree species and of course...Southern Grits.

1 comment:

  1. Mucha suerte amigos, Ojala que tengan un viaje sin problemas. Anything in Spanish let me know I'll check your Blogg constantly. Chaooo!

    ReplyDelete